Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pretty Blue Beads!

So after a long day of work, I decided that I would not be a lazy bum and plop myself in front of the tv, as I normally would. I did the dishes, folded the laundry, took out the recycling, paid the bills, swept the floor, and then I rewarded myself by... plopping myself in front of the tv. But determined to make my couch potato-ing more productive I pulled out my box of beads and started making. And three reruns of Friends later, voila: the Taryn Necklace.


I had blue acrylic beads from a bead store in Vancouver that I picked up a long long time ago, but never quite knew what to do with them. This piece was Cleopatra inspired (can you see it?). I was going for a colourful collar kind of look, and I think it turned out! Three strands of silver chain with beads scattered throughout. Well, not scattered... I precisely picked each bead location to make the illusion that they were scattered. It's the engineer in me... I can't do random.

No comments:

Post a Comment